Thursday, August 7, 2014

Sweet Stamp Shop - Elegant Flower Cheers

Whenever I buy a new stamp, I try to challenge myself to think of a few ways to use it. Sometimes it's as simple as a color combo. Other times, I'll jot down an idea. When I saw Sweet Stamp Shop's Elegant Flowers stamp, I knew I wanted to do a window trio of flowers.

For this card, I decided to pull out some Stampin' Up inks and coordinating cardstock. I decided to go with Daffodil Delight (yellow), Crisp Cantaloupe (coral) and Pool Party (blue). I cut a 1 1/2" square of each cardstock color.

I then cut a slightly smaller squares from white cardstock. I stamped the solid stamp in each color, then used a darker ink to stamp the outline. I tried not to stamp them perfectly on top of each other, just to add a bit of interest.

I adhered the white squares onto the co-ordinating colored squares with foam squares. I then adhered them onto an A2 white card base. I used a t-square ruler to help me keep the squares straight.

As a last step, I stamped the "Cheers" sentiment from Elegant Sentiments in chocolate ink. I kept the rest of the card clear.

Supplies:
Sweet Stamp Shop Elegant Flowers stamp
Sweet Stamp Shop Elegant Sentiments stamp
Stampin' Up Classic Inkpad in Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana and Chocolate Chip (sentiment)
Stampin' Up cardstock in Daffodil Delight, Crisp Cantaloupe and Pool Party
Neenah Solar White 100#lbs cardstock
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares

2 comments:

  1. Are these just flat images? Wow! Elle, they look so dimensional. I thought you must have embossed somehow. Amazing! Those colours are so cute too. I keep thinking of joining SU....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, just plain ol' stamping! I think it's a combination of the stamp and ink colors. It really turned out so vibrant!

      I've only bought a few SU products via their online store. I do really like the inks and the ribbon, so those have been my main purchases aside from a few tidbits that were on clearance. It's worth the investment if you're planning on making multiple cards, I think. Or if you want to go for matching ink/cardstock/ribbon. :D

      Delete