Thursday, August 7, 2014

SOG- Genie Gwen

This is my second card of the day, but I'm just so excited that I had to share it right away! I finally got myself a good printer and I'm now dipping my feet in the fun world of digital stamping.

For this card, I used Some Odd Girl's Genie Gwen stamp. I printed her out on some Copic X-Press paper and colored her in. I cut her out carefully and set her aside while I worked on the rest of the card.

I made the card base out of some dark chocolate cardstock but cutting and scoring it in half for a standard A2 card. I also cut a piece of light blue cardstock to measure 4 by 5 1/4". For the background, I used a couple of papers from My Mind's Eye Sherbet 6x6.

To add in a bit more interest, cut the purple panel into two strips and used a piece of gold washi tape between them. I layered all the papers onto the front panel and adhered it to the card with foam squares. I then added Genie Gwen, also using foam squares.

Lastly, I added the embellishments - and lots of them! Some sequins, wood veneer stars, pearls and dots from the good ol' white gel pen.

Supplies:
Some Odd Girl Genie Gwen digital stamp
Copic X-Press it marker paper
Simon Says Stamp Heavyweight cardstock in Dark Chocolate and Sea Glass
My Mind's Eye Jubilee collection Sherbet 6x6 paper pad
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam squares
Doodlebug sequins in Pool
Studio Calico Star Essentials wood veneer
White pearls
White Gel Pen
Copics: Skin  (E11, E13, E15, R22), Eyes (V12, V06, V17), Hair (YG23, YG25, YG17, G29), Outfit (B00, B02, B05, C6, C8, 0), Smoke (R81, R85), Gold (Y21, Y28, YR15, Y35)

3 comments:

  1. You dipping of toes was a great success! The whole card is absolutely wonderful. Once again, I LOVE how you've coloured her hair (and the rest of her, but colouring hair is something I struggle with so I always notice when it is done as beautifully as you've done it here). You must give me lessons. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just got to be careful not to blow my entire budget on digi stamps now!!! Lol So glad you like the card. :D

      I'll see if I can write up a post on some coloring tips when I get a chance. I've been meaning to post some info on coloring with Copics (some stamp recommendation, color combos, techniques, etc). I've just got to sit down and actually put all that info into words. :D

      Delete
    2. lol It gets like that, doesn't it! lol

      Oh that would be great, Elle! I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to read your words of wisdom. :)

      Delete