Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Avery Elle - Kraft Boat

Second post for today, but I just couldn't wait to post this card!

I noticed that Avery Elle had another challenge up, and this time it's to use Kraft. I love kraft paper, and I go through quite a bit of it, so I decided to make a card for this challenge.

Since kraft was the challenge, I started by creating my card base from Neenah's Desert Storm Environmental cardstock (100 lbs) by cutting and scoring a sheet to create a standard top-folding A2 card. I've still got summer on my brain, so I went with a nautical theme.

I stamped the boat from Avery Elle's Knotty stamp set in brown ink onto some Copic marker paper. I colored it in with my Copics, keeping it very simple and light. After the boat was colored in, I carefully cut it out with my scissors, leaving a small white border.

I cut a panel out of white cardstock and stamped the 3 nautical lines from the stamp set onto it, using pale blue ink (this part is a bit hard to see in the picture, but it's a subtle effect that ties the card together). I then grabbed the gorgeous Avery Elle Sorbet paper pack as well as the Brights paper pack. I used my Bigshot to cut out some waves from sea glass, striped mint and aquamarine hearts.

I adhered the waves at the bottom of the white panel with my standard adhesive, then adhered the boat using thin foam squares. I adhered the whole panel straight onto the card base.

I wanted a bit of a tone-on-tone look, so I used kraft ink to stamp the nautical stripes at the top of the card base. I also stamped the cute sentiment from the Knotty set in brown ink.

There was still some room left at the bottom of the card, so  I stamped the stripes again on a separate piece of cardstock, and tied a string of gold cord around it. I adhered it to the card with foam squares. And the card was done!

Supplies:
Avery Elle Knotty Stamp set
MFT Hybrid Ink in chocolate brown, sno-cone and kraft
Ranger Archival ink in Coffee
Neenah Desert Storm environmental cardstock 100#lbs
Neenah Solar White 80#lbs
Avery Elle Sorbet paper pack 6x6
Avery Elle Brights paper pack 6x6
Copics (E33, E35, E37, E50, E27, R08, BG72, BG18, BG75)
Mama Elephant Landscape Trio dies
Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders I dies
May Arts gold metallic string
Scrapbook Adhesives thin 3D foam squares

8 comments:

  1. You got some cute cards on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ellen! I'm so glad you like them. :D

      I sure do enjoy creating them!

      Delete
  2. Elle, another beauty! Love how you've created the water from the patterned paper - so cute. I really love the blues with the kraft - such a pretty combination. A great card!

    And WOOOHOOOO! Loved seeing your cards featured by Lawn Fawn today and on FB too. :) I predict we shall be seeing more and more of your work around the scene. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much Kylie! I do love blue and craft, too. Reminds me of a beach.

      I was totally surprised to see my cards featured on LF! And on the blog post! Wow. I had a total pinch-me moment. :D

      Delete
  3. Fun card! I love your patterned paper ocean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's one of my favorite parts of the card, too. :D

      Delete
  4. This is darling! I love how you incorporated the patterned paper! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with the AE Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Katie! I'm so glad I took part in the challenge, it's been wonderful for my creativity. :)

      Delete