Sunday, August 10, 2014

Stamp Trio: Hennah Ink

Apologies if the quality of the image is not ideal. My camera's been acting up...

This is the 3rd and final card in my Stamp Trio challenge, still using Altenew's Hennah Elements. I had originally planned to do some Copic coloring, but I decided to instead work with just stamping and different colors of ink. One thing that initially drew me to Hennah Elements was that there were many small elements that could be used to construct a more complex image. Having many decorative elements helps create one-layer cards that are still elaborate and unique.

I started by creating a standard A2 card base out of plain white cardstock. While I had my paper cutter out, I also cut a couple of panels out of the same white cardstock.

I started by inking the border stamp in chocolate chip ink. After stamping it twice, I switched to a couple of flourishes to embellish the border.

I switched to a blue ink and stamped the small flower 3 times.

Then, I switched to the coral ink and stamped a few leaves around the flowers.

Lastly, I stamped the sentiment in the same coral ink.

I matted the two panels together with foam squares, then adhered it to the card front.

Supplies:
Altenew Hennah Elements stamp
Simon Says Stamp Friendship Messages stamp 
Stampin' Up classic inkpad in Chocolate Chip, Pacific Point and Crisp Cantaloupe
Neenah Solar White cardstock in 80lbs and 110lbs
Stampin' Up dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. So very different from your other two cards, Elle, and equally as lovely! Think you've totally nailed your challenge again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kylie! I do like it quite a bit, even if it feels like it was simple to create. :D

      Delete