Saturday, August 30, 2014

Marie Antoinette



It's Saturday, and that means another digi day! Today's card features the gorgeous Marie Antoinette stamp from AuroraWings Etsy shop.

I started by printing out the stamp onto some Copic X-Press it paper. The stamp's site had a glimpse at a possible way to color Marie, so I used it as an example and chose soft pinks, light blonde hair and some blues for contrast.

As always, I started with the skin, then moved onto the clothing and hair. Since there was so much detail in her outfit and hair, I kept the coloring fairly simple - switching between different colors and using very simple shading.

After she was colored in, I carefully cut around her with scissors, leaving a small white border.

As the stamp was very elaborate, I chose to keep the rest of the card extremely simple. I cut a piece of pink cardstock to a standard A2 size (4 1/4 by 5 1/2"). While I had my trimmer out, I also cut a piece of patterned paper to 4 by 5 1/4". I adhered the paper to the card with my standard adhesive, then added Marie with foam squares.

I added a couple of flowers to the upper left corner. Lastly, I scattered a whole bunch of pearls around the card.

Supplies:
Marie-Antoinette digital stamp by AuroraWings
Copic X-Press It Blending Cardstock
My Favorite Things Heavyweight cardstock in Pink Lemonade
Glitz Designs Hello Friend 6x6 paper pad
Tombow Dot Adhesive Runner (pink)
Melissa Frances White Pearls
Prima Flowers flowers
Sakura Gellyroll White Gel Pen
Copics: Skin (E00, E11, E13, E15, R20, 0), Hair (E81, E42, E53, E33), Dress (B000, B00, BG01, B02, B41, B45, RV11, R85, R29, R59, 0), Cupcakes (Y13, YR14, B00, B41), Other Decorations (BG11, R22, R35, BV11, BV13, BV25, Y11, G24, YG63)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! So elegant and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kylie! It was a really different coloring process for me. Staying soft and feminine is tough! I keep being drawn to brighter and more contrasting colors...

      Delete