Sunday, August 31, 2014

Tiddly Inks: Adventure

Today's card features a lovely stamp by Tiddly Inks called Ellie Says Bye. I loved the air balloon so much that I just had to color it in. And, I gave it my own little spin by adding a few details. I wanted the balloon to look home-made, so I chose fun colors and patterns.

I started by stamping the balloon and Ellie onto some Copic marker paper, using MFT's Chocolate Brown hybrid ink. I wanted a softer, story-book like look and the brown ink was perfect. After cleaning up my stamp, I colored the image in with my Copics. I started with the basket and Ellie, then moved onto the balloon itself.

I saved a little spot for a patchwork piece, and colored the rest in simply. Then, I used my Copic drawing pen in Sepia to add some stitching lines around each square. I then added some patterns using a white gel pen.

After the image was dry, I carefully cut around it with scissors, leaving a small white border. I stamped a sentiment from the stamp set onto some white cardstock with the same chocolate brown ink. I cut it down to size and cut out a flag shape on one end.

The rest of the card came together very quickly. I created a standard A2 card base from white cardstock. Then I looked through my patterned papers and found the perfect one in Chickaniddy's Date Night 6x6 paper pad. I trimmed it to measure 4 by 5 1/4" and adhered it straight to the card.

I adhered the balloon and the sentiment to the card using thin foam squares. As a last touch, I added a couple of pink enamel dots to the sentiment panel.

Supplies:
Tiddly Inks Ellie Says Bye stamp set
MFT Hybrid Ink in Chocolate Brown
Copic Mini Marker Pad 70lbs
Copic Drawing pen in Sepia
Copics: Basket (E33, E37, E29, E50, E53, E33, YG23, YG25, YG17), Ellie (E00, E11, E13, E35, E57, E59, R11, RV42, R32, C4, C6, R20,0), Balloon (Y21, Y35, Y38, B00, B91, B95, YG13, YG23, YG67, R11, RV42, RV55)
Sakura Gellyroll White Gel Pen
Neenah Solar White cardstock in 110#lbs
Chickaniddy Date Night 6x6 patterned paper pad
Freckled Fawn Pinks enamel dots

2 comments:

  1. Another card which highlights your amazing colour skills and "thinking outside the box" creativity. The patchwork balloon is just sensational. Another gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kylie! I really like how this card turned out. Reminds me of like children's books. :D

      Delete