Friday, July 25, 2014

Avery Elle - Pastel Thanks

Confession time! I have ridiculous amounts of patterned paper. Staggering towers of 6x6 papers, a bundle of 12x12 collections and let's not even get into the cardstock stacks... I am a paper girl at heart, and nothing makes me happier than having the perfect paper for every occasion. So, when I saw that Avery Elle was introducing 6x6 patterned papers to match their inks and cardstock, I just had to get them right away. And then they sat on my craft table for a while, until I figured out just how I wanted to use them.

This card started with the Avery Elle Sorbet 6x6 paper pack. The papers in this collection are in softer pastel colors, and would be perfect for a baby card or a spring card. I also grabbed Avery Elle Mint to Be and Pixie cardstock - which matched the patterned paper.

First, I created the card base by cutting a sheet of Avery Elle Ultra smooth pure white cardstock in half. I scored it into an A2 top-folding card (4 1/4 by 5 1/2").

Using my Bigshot, I cut two circles from the pink and mint cardstock, using MFT's Stitched Circle dies.  I adhered them at the top of the card. I thought about adding a third circle, but I liked the simple look of just having 2 colors and 2 shapes.

Then I grabbed a piece of mint and pink heart paper from the patterned pack and cut them into 1/2-inch strips. I adhered them to the right corner of the card base at an angle, alternating the colors. I cut off the extra pieces on the side.

For the sentiment, I went with Avery Elle's Many Thanks stamp set. I stamped the thank you in Mint To Be pigment ink.

As a last touch, I scattered some sequins over the two circles.

I think this would make a really sweet baby thank-you card. The pink could be replaced with blue for a boy version. Sorbet pack features a sea-glass color in it as well, which is a light blue color. And there's also a brighter green, which would work great for something gender-neutral.

Supplies:
Avery Elle Many Thanks stamp
Avery Elle Mint to Be pigment ink
Avery Elle Sorbet 6x6 paper pad
Avery Elle heavyweight cardstock in Mint to be, Pixie and Ultra smooth pure white
MFT Stitched Circle die-namics
Ranger Studio Multi-Medium Matte glue
Avery Elle sequins in Sugar blend and Lucky blend

2 comments:

  1. Hello fellow paper addict! :) I can so relate to your tale of hoarding. I have great intentions to use more of it but....doesn't always happen. This is so pretty. Love how you could easily change it to be a baby card. I was thinking that it could also be sweet to add a large-ish heart overlapping the circles above the sentiment. Hard to describe the exact spot. So you've got a tonne of card ideas from the one simple design - brilliant, Elle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not alone in my paper-collecting habits! Hehe

      Thanks so much for your sweet comment, Kylie! I love the idea of a heart with the circles. I'll have to play around with that sometime, especially since it would match the papers beautifully. :D

      Delete