Saturday, July 5, 2014

Birdie Brown - Sending You Sunshine

In just a few days, My Favorite Things will be launching their new release, including a brand new Birdie Brown stamp set. It's very exciting, and I can hardly wait! So, I thought I would occupy my time by making a card with one of the older Birdie Brown sets - Sunflower Sweetheart.

I started by stamping the girl, flower cart and trio of sunflowers on some Copic marker paper, using MFT Hybrid ink in black licorice. I colored the images with my Copics, then carefully cut them out. This stamp set has a matching die set, but I didn't want a white border around the images, so I fussy-cut them with a pair of scissors.

After cutting them, I got to work on the panel. I die-cut a scalloped rectangle from brown cardstock, using Mama Elephant's Femme frames die. I used the stitched rectangle die from the same set to cut out a piece of plain white cardstock, and a piece of patterned paper from My Mind's Eye Ashbury Heights paper. I used the largest stitched scallop border from Lawn Fawn's Stitched Scalloped Borders die to cut the patterned paper in half.

I prepared a base from sunshine yellow cardstock, and adhered the panels together. I also adhered the girl and the layered cart and sunflowers to the front of the card. For the sentiment, I cut a small banner out of white cardstock and stamped in black ink. I used my scissors to create a fish-tail edge and adhered the sentiment to the card.

As a last step, I added some Wink of Stella glitter to the sunflowers, along with a few dots of white gel pen for highlight. I adhered 3 yellow enamel dots above the sentiment.

Supplies:
Stamp: MFT Birdie Brown: Sunflower Sweetheart
Cardstock: Simon Says Stamp Sunshine (base), Bazzill Java orange peel (brown), Neenah Solar White 80lbs 
Ink: MFT Hybrid Ink in black licorice
Paper: My Mind's Eye Market Street: Ashbury Heights 6x6, Copic 70lbs Mini Marker Pad
Copics: B000, C2, C4, C6, E00, E11, E13, E15, E23, E33, E35, E37, E57, E59, E47, G14, R08, R20, R46, R59, Y21, Y35, YG67 YR14, YR67
Zig Wink of Stella, clear
Sakura Gellyroll pen in opaque white

5 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! Elle, just beautiful! :) Gorgeous colouring, lovely design, lovely colours. You are just a natural talent when it comes to colouring. Oh, what do you think about the MFT hybrid ink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie! *hugs* Coloring is just a relaxing therapy for me at the moment, and I really, really enjoy it. :D

      I absolutely *love* the MFT hybrid ink. It works with watercolors, it works with Copics and it stamps pretty nicely. I actually threw out my Memento Tuxedo black ink and switched to MFT hybrid ink exclusively!

      One small thing I did notice is that some of the lighter colors don't stamp as crisply. But they do even out over time - so it's a bit like hero arts Shadow inks. The darker colors, though, give a lovely and smooth coverage from the getgo.

      I'm especially in love with black (which is a dark, true black and stamps really well) and nightshift blue (which is a navy, and a color I'm a bit obsessed with lately.

      Definitely give them a try. I think you'll like them. :D

      Delete
    2. You've talked me into it! I am going to have to get it! Thanks so much for the information. Really appreciate it, Elle!

      Delete
  2. Wow!!! Totally adorable card!!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you like it. :D

      Delete