Saturday, July 5, 2014

Birdie Brown - Sending You Sunshine

In just a few days, My Favorite Things will be launching their new release, including a brand new Birdie Brown stamp set. It's very exciting, and I can hardly wait! So, I thought I would occupy my time by making a card with one of the older Birdie Brown sets - Sunflower Sweetheart.

I started by stamping the girl, flower cart and trio of sunflowers on some Copic marker paper, using MFT Hybrid ink in black licorice. I colored the images with my Copics, then carefully cut them out. This stamp set has a matching die set, but I didn't want a white border around the images, so I fussy-cut them with a pair of scissors.

After cutting them, I got to work on the panel. I die-cut a scalloped rectangle from brown cardstock, using Mama Elephant's Femme frames die. I used the stitched rectangle die from the same set to cut out a piece of plain white cardstock, and a piece of patterned paper from My Mind's Eye Ashbury Heights paper. I used the largest stitched scallop border from Lawn Fawn's Stitched Scalloped Borders die to cut the patterned paper in half.

I prepared a base from sunshine yellow cardstock, and adhered the panels together. I also adhered the girl and the layered cart and sunflowers to the front of the card. For the sentiment, I cut a small banner out of white cardstock and stamped in black ink. I used my scissors to create a fish-tail edge and adhered the sentiment to the card.

As a last step, I added some Wink of Stella glitter to the sunflowers, along with a few dots of white gel pen for highlight. I adhered 3 yellow enamel dots above the sentiment.

Supplies:
Stamp: MFT Birdie Brown: Sunflower Sweetheart
Cardstock: Simon Says Stamp Sunshine (base), Bazzill Java orange peel (brown), Neenah Solar White 80lbs 
Ink: MFT Hybrid Ink in black licorice
Paper: My Mind's Eye Market Street: Ashbury Heights 6x6, Copic 70lbs Mini Marker Pad
Copics: B000, C2, C4, C6, E00, E11, E13, E15, E23, E33, E35, E37, E57, E59, E47, G14, R08, R20, R46, R59, Y21, Y35, YG67 YR14, YR67
Zig Wink of Stella, clear
Sakura Gellyroll pen in opaque white

4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! Elle, just beautiful! :) Gorgeous colouring, lovely design, lovely colours. You are just a natural talent when it comes to colouring. Oh, what do you think about the MFT hybrid ink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie! *hugs* Coloring is just a relaxing therapy for me at the moment, and I really, really enjoy it. :D

      I absolutely *love* the MFT hybrid ink. It works with watercolors, it works with Copics and it stamps pretty nicely. I actually threw out my Memento Tuxedo black ink and switched to MFT hybrid ink exclusively!

      One small thing I did notice is that some of the lighter colors don't stamp as crisply. But they do even out over time - so it's a bit like hero arts Shadow inks. The darker colors, though, give a lovely and smooth coverage from the getgo.

      I'm especially in love with black (which is a dark, true black and stamps really well) and nightshift blue (which is a navy, and a color I'm a bit obsessed with lately.

      Definitely give them a try. I think you'll like them. :D

      Delete
    2. You've talked me into it! I am going to have to get it! Thanks so much for the information. Really appreciate it, Elle!

      Delete
  2. Thank you! I'm so glad you like it. :D

    ReplyDelete