Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Lawn Fawn - Mini Summer

If you've been following Lawn Fawn, then you probably know about their upcoming mega fall/winter release (August 28th!!!). I'm super excited, and I'm wishing it was end of August already! While I wait, I decided to make use of some of the other Lawn Fawn supplies that have been sitting in my crafting closet.

For this card, I decided to go small and simple. I started with the Lawn Fawn notecard, in the hippo color. I rounded the corners on one side with the 1/4" We-R-Memory Keepers corner chomper.

I took a sweet garland paper from Lawn Fawn's Hello Sunshine petite paper pad and cut it into a 3x4" rectangle. I rounded all 4 corners with 1/4" corner chomper. I adhered it to the notecard, positioned a little more toward the right.

I stamped 3 cool and refreshing treats from Lawn Fawn's Here's the Scoop stamp set onto some Copic marker paper with MFT's Hybrid Ink in black licorice. I colored them in with Copic markers and added a few details in white gel pen. I carefully cut them out with scissors and adhered them to the card with foam squares.

I wanted to add a bit more color, so I used Lawn Fawn's Stitched Journaling cards to cut out two small flags from Lawn Fawn's Let's Polka petite 6x6 paper pad. I also grabbed one of the Let's Polka flair badges - which had just the perfect sentiment!

Lastly, I added three yellow Studio Calico enamel dots to the top right part of the card to balance everything out.

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn Notecard in Hippo
Lawn Fawn Here's The Scoop stamp
My Favorite Things Hybrid Ink in black licorice
Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine petite 6x6 paper pad
Lawn Fawn Let's Polka petite 6x6 paper pad
Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling Card die
Lawn Fawn Let's Polka Flair badges
Studio Calico Yellow & Orange enamel dots
Copic Mini Marker pad 70lbs
Copics (E33, E37, E47, RV11, R43, R05, R46, B00, E50, E35, BG01, BG07, 0)
Sakura Gellyroll White Gel Pen
Scrapbook Adhesive 3D Foam Squares

2 comments:

  1. You've done it again! Happy colours, beautiful colouring and sweet design. All round awesomeness. :)

    I'm with you, Elle, totally hanging out for this new release to be made available. There are some amazing sets coming out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This new Lawn Fawn release is seriously another one where I feel like I just NEEEEEED everything. XD
      I'm definitely budgeting for it and holding off on buying a bunch of other stamps on my to-get list. Though the shopping urge is itching, so we'll see how well that will last. LOL!

      And thank you so, so much for your sweet comment! You're always so encouraging, I really appreciate it. :)

      Delete