Sunday, July 13, 2014

Retro Kitchen Lulu

Whenever I'm buying a new stamp, I always have a person or an occasion in the back of my mind. That person is almost never me. Out of all the supplies I've bought, there's maybe 3 or 4 things that I got because they appealed to me and me alone. So, during my last big shopping splurge (yes, it was pretty huge trip - but in my defense, there were some major sales going on!), I bought a few stamps for just me. And I'm really glad I did, because at least one of the stamps seems to be gone. The adorable stamp in this card is from Stamping Bella and it's called Lulu's Two Pies. I wanted to link to it, but I couldn't find it anymore. I apologize for that!

I started this card by stamping Lulu on some Copic Marker Paper and coloring her in with Copic markers. She has a fantastic retro look, so I tried to go for retro colors - red, blue and a touch of yellow. After she was colored, I fussy-cut the image, leaving a small white border. Since the white of the marker paper was so much brighter than the cream color of the base and patterned paper, I went around the edges with E53 to soften the transition.

The rest of the card came together very easily.

I cut a piece of MFT's Primitive Cream cardstock in half, and scored it for a top-folding A2 card (4 1/4 by 5 1/2"). I also cut out a panel for the sentiment from the same cardstock, using EK Success Real Estate Sign paper punch. I used the mini round blending tool and Ranger Distress ink in Tea Dye around the edges of the sentiment panel, then stamped the sentiment in brown ink.

I cut a panel from Bazzill Peppermint cardstock to measure 4 by 5 1/4". The patterned paper is from Carta Bella's Homemade With Love collection. I chose the paper with pies, which was just perfectly matched with the stamp. After adhering two strips of paper together, I added a red polkadot ribbon to the top of the panel.

Lastly, I adhered the sentiment panel and Lulu to the card with foam squares. Since the card was rich in color and pattern, I didn't add any other embellishments.

Supplies:
Stamping Bella - Lulu's Two Pies
MFT Hybrid Ink in Black Licorice
Ranger Archival Ink in Coffee
Ranger Distress Ink in Tea Dye
Copic Marker Paper 70lbs
Copics (E00, E11, E13, C2, R05, R29, R59, Y21, B000, B00, B01, B45, YR27, E53, E23, 100 - Black)
MFT Heavyweight Cardstock in Primitive Cream
Carta Bella Homemade With Love 
EK Success Real Estate Sign paper punch
Scrapbook Adhesives Thin 3D foam squares

2 comments:

  1. Oh you are sooo good, Elle. I generally always shop for me. haha This card is amazing. I had to have a reallly close look because I thought the ribbon in her hair was added separately. It's so 3D looking. Colouring is amazing as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Kylie! I really love that ribbon, too. It's got such a fabulous retro look. :D

      Delete