Tuesday, July 14, 2015

OHC 01 - Friendship


Today's card features a cute little critter duo from The Greeting Farm's Wood Friends set. It also happens to be theme #1 in OHC - Friendship.

I started by stamping the deer and the squirrel with some black hybrid ink. I colored them in with Copics, then carefully cut them out with some sharp scissors. I made a little summer scenes for them on a piece of white cardstock I'd die-cut into a small rounded rectangle.

I found two fun pieces of patterned paper to use as a background. One is a subtle warm grey stripe, and the other was a fun polkadot. I adhered the two together and added them to a cream A2 card base (4¼x5½") with foam squares. I layered my scene together and added it to the card front.

I wanted to do something a little different for sentiment, so I stamped it onto a little tag I'd die cut from white cardstock. I adhered a strip of striped paper to the bottom, and decorated it with some bright enamel dots.

As last bits of decoration, I added a few more enamel dots and a white flag-shaped banner under the stamped panel.

Overall, the card is a bit busier than my usual style, but I like how it turned out.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. Your cards always make me smile (and occasionally gasp in awe!) and this card brings the biggest smile to my face. Is it weird that I also loved that you have finally drawn number one after all this time? The little critters are so cute. The card might be busier but it is still amazing and totally your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all! I was super excited about grabbing theme 1, too!

      I'm going to leave the last theme for last, I think, even if I pull it before. It's just going to be a perfect way to end the challenge. :)

      Delete