Tuesday, July 21, 2015

OHC 51 - Spring


Today's card is a bit different because it's a spring card, and we're well into summer. But, I drew the OHC theme 51 (Spring) and that's what I had to create. For my card, I chose to use the fabulous Birdie Brown's set Somebunny.  This sweet set features some of the cutest bunnies in a variety of poses and sweet sentiments to match.

I started by cutting a tag shape out of Kraft cardstock, using the Stitched Duo 1 dies. I also die-cut a piece of orange patterned paper (from a Lawn Fawn paper pad that's now retired) and used a stitched scallop die to cut it to size.

I stamped the cute bunny and the flower cart onto some marker paper with brown hybrid ink and colored everything in with Copics. I carefully cut out the images, leaving a small white border. I adhered the patterned paper and the bunny to the tag shape, then tied an orange chevron ribbon around the top.

I matted a piece of mint polka dot patterned paper to a kraft panel and adhered them to a standard white top-folding A2 card base (4¼x5½"). I added the tag with foam squares. I wanted a subtle sentiment, so I found a small sticker in my stash that had a minty green color, and I added it to the card.

As a last touch, I adhered a few enamel dots to the tag.

Thanks for reading!
Elle

7 comments:

  1. Darling, Elle! Such a sweet card! I'm so inspired by all of your creations. I want to come over and create with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am ever in your area, we are getting together for a massive create-awesome-cards fest! I'd love to see how you make your amazing scene cards, and take a peek at those fantastic stamps you've got that have been retired. We'd have such a blast together!

      Delete
    2. Oh, I would totally love that! We should meet in the middle! Hawaii! :D Would be so cool. Except I couldn't bring the stash...might have to go shopping though. haha

      Delete
  2. So sweet! Your cards are always so jaw-dropping awesome! And I agree with Kylie, I love to come over and create with you too! It be fun! If only we live closer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that, Ka! It would be amazing to create lovely and fun cards together. If I ever am in your area, we'd get together for coffee and creativity. :D

      Delete
    2. Yes, definitely! Except I'll have tea though! ;)

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete