Tuesday, July 7, 2015

OHC 48 - Love


The minute I saw Avery Elle's Geek Love stamp set, I just knew I had to have it. Not only is it absolutely adorable love set with great sentiments, but it is customizable! You can stamp different outfits, different hairstyles and generally have fun personalizing your favorite couple. I bought this set right at launch, and I've been itching to use it ever since.

So, when I pulled the One Hundred Cards challenge theme 48 - love - I decided this was the perfect occasion!

I stamped out the couple from Geek Love onto some Copic marker paper with brown hybrid ink and then colored them in with my Copics. I kept the coloring super simple and cartoon-like to match the cute image style. After the coloring was done, I carefully cit out the couple with a pair of sharp scissors, leaving a small white border.

I wanted to keep the rest of the card relatively simple, so I die-cut a piece of patterned paper with a stitched rectangle die. I chose the paper because it had cute hearts and a navy (more masculine) color. While I had my Bigshot out, I also cut a smaller stitched rectangle out of gray cardstock. This is going to make the background for my lovely couple. I also die-cut a red heart with this fabulous sketch heart die from Simon Says Stamp.

The card came together really quickly. I adhered the paper and gray panel to the cardstock, then stamped a little sentiment in the upper left corner. I adhered the red heart to it, then added my cute couple on foam squares. As a last touch, I added 3 little enamel hearts that were in the same tones as the patterned paper.

And there you have it!

I also wanted to add that you will probably be seeing a lot of OHC cards coming up. I've been doing really great with this challenge, and I'd really like to finish before the holiday season gets upon us and things get mega busy for me. So, I'll try not to be so repetitive and continue linking to OHC or using OHC in the title so much. I'll still make a note of what my theme is and you'll be able to click on the OHC label at the end of each post to see what I've done so far.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

4 comments:

  1. These geeky lovers are absolutely adorable! Fabulous job on customizing your geek couple! And I love how you framed the sentiment with SSS heart die-cut! How perfect?!!! also, I love your OHC cards. Always enjoy reading those posts and seeing those cards, so keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ka, you are so kind! I had such a blast making this card. It's one of those "everything comes together just perfectly" kind of card. :D

      I'm so glad you like the OHC cards, too! I'm really enjoying the challenge and I've gotten quite far with it, thankfully.

      Delete
  2. Oh I don't want it to come to an end! I hope you'll continue with it, or something similar, next year. Might be time to start that challenge blog for us all to play along. ;)
    Great card, Elle! I hadn't seen that set but you've made it look so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, for sure! I'll continue with some sort of challenge. It's been amazing for my productivity and it sounds like it's fun to read about, too. So, I'll definitely continue in some fashion. I've been playing around with a few new challenge ideas after OHC. They're exciting, too!

      I really ought to look into a challenge blog proper. It would be fun!

      Delete