Sunday, February 19, 2017

Mermake a wish


Today's card features a digi stamp from The Greeting Farm. This particular stamp was offered as a freebie in one of their newsletters a little while back, and I've been meaning to color it and use it on a card for ages now.

For my coloring, I tried something new and combined Copics with my Prismacolor pencils to add an extra touch of texture. I like how it turned out, and how it added a bit of extra depth to the image - particularly the hair. I'll have to experiment with this combination method again. I've seen a couple of artists use it in YT videos with absolutely brilliant results.

A bit of ribbon, enamel shapes and a pretty mint background - and that's all there was to it.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

3 comments:

  1. I never think to use digi stamps. You totally rock everything you make, Elle! The colouring is gorgeous. The design of the card is so pretty. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Kylie!

      I've found that the trick with digis is to put a whole bunch of them on a page and print them out. Then roughly cut into sections. That way, you have a whole set of "pre-stamped" images you can quickly grab and color when you've got a free minute. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tip, Elle! That's a great idea. :)

      Delete