Tuesday, February 21, 2017

SK Sea & Cats: Squid Thanks


 The second card in the Sea and Cats stash kit features an adorable giant squid and tiny boat from Lawn Fawn's Lovable Legends stamp set, along with WPlus9's Dockside (retired) sentiment. I also used a navy polkadot paper and die-cut a stitched rectangle out of a white cardstock panel for my scene. If I was making this card again, I would probably cut another panel to make the sea and sky look different - but I'd already adhered everything together when I thought of it.

This card is very simple and easy to put together. I like how the rope "thanks" matches the nautical theme of the squid and boat. As a last touch, I added a pink anchor to the end of the "T" to tie in the pink cheeks on the squid.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. Super cute and I love how you've coloured the kraken. The soft pink anchor is the perfect touch too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added a ton of sparkle to the kraken, too! It's tough to capture in a picture, but it's sooooo sparkly and fun. :D

      Thank you for your amazing support, as always, Kylie!

      Delete