Monday, September 8, 2014

Elegant Grateful

This is the second entry in my Stamp Trio Challenge (first card is here). Stamp trio challenge is to use one single stamp set to make 3 different cards. As an added bonus, my friend Kylie and I are also hitting Paper Trio challenge this time -- where we have to use a single paper pack for the 3 cards, as well.

Like last time, my stamp set of choice is WPlus9's Fanciful Feathers stamp set and my paper of choice is My Mind's Eye Mint Julep 6x6.

With the first card, I used the patterned paper as the dominant element on the card, and the elegant sentiment and feathers were a decoration. I covered the entire card front with a piece of patterned paper and its thick, bold stripes created a very graphic look.

For the second card, I wanted to keep the same elegance, but make my use of patterned paper different - this time as an accent piece instead of the main element. This is a great way to incorporate patterned paper into clean-and-simple cards and stretch out your stamps a bit. You can give the same sentiment a different feel simply by switching out the patterned paper.

As with the first card, I created a top-folding A2 card base (4 1/4 by 5 1/2"). While I had my trimmer out, I also cut a piece of gray cardstock, a white panel and a strip of the beautiful flowered pattern paper.

I kept this card super simple. After adhering the patterned paper to the gray cardstock, I trimmed the white panel down into 2 pieces to create a peek window. I adhered it to the gray base with foam tape, then wrapped some slate ribbon just above the patterned window.

I stamped the sentiment onto the leftover piece of white cardstock and cut it down to size, leaving one end angled. I added it on top of the ribbon, using foam tape. Lastly, I adhered the entire panel to the card base with my standard adhesive.

Supplies:
WPlus9 Fanciful Feathers stamp
MFT Hybrid Ink in Steel Blue
MFT Heavyweight Cardstock in Steel Blue
Neenah Solar White 110#lbs cardstock
Tombow Dot Adhesive (pink)
3M Double-Sided Foam Tape
Slate satin ribbon

2 comments:

  1. I loved how you used just a pop of paper to the card! It's a real statement! Your card is so elegant too. I love how you are a master of any style you tackle. Bring on card three!! I'm loving this challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet, Kylie! I do like the elegant look. There's something very classic and feminine about it. :D

      Delete