Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Have a Magical Day!

Today's card features a digital stamp by Wendy Burns from her alldressedupstamps Etsy shop: Magical Day. It is a super adorable stamp, and I just love this character style. Wendy Burns also has a few of her fun characters in clear stamp sets over at My Favorite Things, so check them out.

I started by printing the stamp onto some Copic X-Press It blending cardstock. I trimmed down the image and rounded all 4 corners with my Corner Chomper., on the 1/2" setting. I then colored in the girl and the cat, creating a dotty purple border around them.

I wanted to keep the rest of the card simple. I created the card base by cutting and scoring a sheet of Kraft cardstock into a top-folding A2 card (4 1/4 by 5 1/2"). I grabbed a piece of grey heart paper from Lawn Fawn's Let's Polka 6x6 paper pad and cut it to measure 4 by 5 1/4". I adhered the stamped panel to the patterned paper with foam tape.

The bottom of the card felt a little bare, so I tied a piece of white ribbon around it. Then I adhered the whole panel to the card front with my standard adhesive.

Supplies:
alldressedupstamps Magical Day digital stamp
Copic X-Press It Blending Cardstock
We-R-Memory-Keepers Cropadile Corner Chomper
Neenah Desert Storm Environmental Cardstock 100#lbs
Lawn Fawn Let's Polka Petite paper pad 6x6
3M Double-sided Foam Tape
Tombow Dot Adhesive runner (pink)
Copics: Skin (E00, E11, E13, E15, R20, 0), Stars (Y11, Y35), Pumpkin (YR15, YR68, R05, BV25, BV29), Hat (C4, C6, C8, 100), Bow (B32, B34, B37), Outfit (B00, B02, B32, B34, B37, RV11, RV42, R85), Hair (E33, E57, E59, E79), Cat (W2, W4, RV11, RV42, R85), Background (V01, V12, V04, 0)

2 comments:

  1. The more I see how you create amazing cards with digi stamps the more I want to try them. This image is SOOO cute! And your colouring is perfection as always. :) The ribbon does set it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so sure I'd replied to you already! I am so scattered today...

      But thank you so much! I hope you do get to try digis sometimes. They're really fun to work with, especially if you want to go for a different size. There have been a few stamps I wished were bigger and a few that would have been great in a smaller size. With digis, you can make them bigger or smaller and that's really fantastic. :D

      Delete