Sunday, September 14, 2014

Lawn Fawn - Happy Tooth



Lawn Fawn's Monster Mash is an absolutely adorable stamp set featuring a bunch of cute monsters. One of them is a flying monster, which I see featured in oodles of cards. But the first thing that always pops into my head is how he looks like a flying tooth. And, of course, once an idea like that gets into my brain, there's no stopping it! So, I made a happy tooth card - the kind of card you'd give to a little one who just lost their first tooth. Maybe it could even be from the Toothfairy herself!

I started by cutting a piece of 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" white cardstock in half. This creates a panel that's perfectly sized for Lawn Fawn's Wild Rose notecard, and that's what I'm using as my card base.

I stamped the flying monster, masking of his face with a piece of tape. I also stamped a third "leg" to look more like a tooth root. Then I grabbed the cute crown from Critters Ever After stamp set and stamped it just above each tooth. Lastly, I took the cute smiling face from Milk and Cookies stamp set and added it to each tooth.

I quickly colored the teeth and the crowns in with Copics, without doing any blending or fancy techniques. After I was done coloring, I noticed that the panel looked a little too plain. So, I grabbed a couple of hearts from Monster Mash and Milk and Cookies. I stamped them all over the panel, both in first and second generation stamping.

For the sentiment, I chose "let's celebrate!" from Plus One. It seemed like a great sentiment to go along with the card. I adhered the panel to the notecard with foam tape.

As a last touch, I scattered a few sequins around the panel.

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn Monster Mash stamp set
Lawn Fawn Critters Ever After stamp set
Lawn Fawn Milk and Cookies stamp set
Lawn Fawn Plus One stamp set
Lawn Fawn Wild Rose notecard
MFT Hybrid Ink in Black Licorice
Stampin' Up Classic Inkpad in Blushing Bride and Pool Party
Neenah Solar White cardstock in 80#lbs
Copics (E50, B000, Y11, Y35, RV11, V12)
3M Double-Sided Foam Tape
Assorted Sequins

3 comments:

  1. So darling! Such a creative use of the little monster. Love how you adapted him and coloured it too. Bright and cheerful. So clever, Elle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kylie! It was one of those flash ideas I just had to make into a card or it was going to drive me batty. :D

      Delete
    2. lol So glad that you did! :)

      Delete