Friday, September 19, 2014

Peony Birthday

Since I posted a card I did not like earlier, I wanted to also post a card that I really do like. It is a one-layer birthday card that's bright, cheerful and lovely.

This card features a new set from WPlus9 called Pretty Peonies. This set is a builder set, which means it has several different pieces to the stamp- flat color, shadows/highlights and an outline. You can pick and choose how you layer different pieces and create some really beautiful effects.

I stated by creating the card base by cutting and scoring a piece of Kraft cardstock into a standard top-folding A2 card (4 1/4 by 5 1/2"). While I had my trimmer out, I also cut a panel out of white cardstock measuring 4 by 5 1/4".

I wanted to go with a sketchy kind of look, so I chose to use the flat color and outline stamps only. I started by stamping 3 large peonies in Avery Elle's Aquamarine ink. I then stamped the outline with Sapphire ink.

I switched to the two smaller peonies and stamped the flat color in Cherry, and the outline in Vino. And, lastly, the leaves were stamped in Lemon Grass and Celery. As a last touch, I added some centers to the peonies with Fizz ink.

For the sentiment, I used another newer WPlus9 stamp set - Strictly Sentiments 5. I stamped it in Truffle ink.

Since the panel was so beautifully bold and colorful, I decided to keep it embellishment-free. I simply adhered the front panel to the card front with foam tape.

Supplies:
WPlus9 Pretty Peonies stamp set
WPlus9 Strictly Sentiments 5 stamps set
Avery Elle Pigment Ink in Aquamarine, Sapphire, Cherry, Vino, Lemon Grass, Celery, Fizz and Truffle
Neenah Desert Storm Environmental Cardstock 100#lbs
Neenah Solar White Cardstock #110lbs
3M Double-Sided Foam Tape

2 comments:

  1. No wonder you are happy with this card - it is wonderful! Beautiful, bright, happy colours would cheer anyone up. Your design is classic! Such a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably say this about every stamp set, but it really is a favorite. I just adore the whole building up concept, and the end result (outline being slightly different than the fill color) is wonderful. I'm just so happy to have this set and be able to play with it. :D

      Delete