Friday, February 6, 2015

No-lines Tobie

  For today's card, I decided to be brave and try a technique that's entirely new to me - no-line Copic coloring. I've see several gorgeous results with this technique, and I've been meaning to try it for a while now. I am using Lovey Tobie stamp from Some Odd Girl. This cute stamp is perfect for Valentine's or any sort of "love you" card.

I started by stamping Tobie with Kraft hybrid ink. This gave me a very light outline I could use as a guide for putting down my Copic colors. I then colored him in, adding some white gel pen for accent on the eyes and the hearts. The coloring was both easier and more difficult than usual. I could be a little less precise, but I also had to be very careful with outlines. I did have a tiny issue with some color bleeding near Tobie's left leg, but everything else worked out just beautifully.

After he was all colored in, I carefully cut around him with a pair of sharp scissors, leaving a small white border.

I made a standard A2 card base (4¼ by 5½") out of medium gray card stock. I then pulled out my Bigshot and die-cut a stitched rectangle out of pink patterned paper. I also die-cut a tag shape out of black dotted paper.

I adhered all the elements together with my standard adhesive. The card still needed a little something, so I stamped a few hearts with black ink and added a few enamel dots to the corner of the card.

Supplies:
Some Odd Girl - Lovey Tobie stamp
My Favorite Things Hybrid Ink in Kraft, and Black Licorice (hearts)
My Favorite Things - Blueprints 13 die
Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Duo 1 dies
Copic Mini Marker Pad 70#lbs
Simon Says Stamp Heavyweight card stock in Smoke
Studio Calico - Brighton Pier 6x6
Copics (E00, E11, E13, E15, E35, E57, E59, R22, R24, R35, R29, RV69, B41, B24, B18, YG41, YG45, BG49, B91, B95, B99, C2, BV25)
Tombow Craft Dot Adhesive Runner (pink)

1 comment:

  1. Elle this is just FAB!! I have yet to try no-lines, but you may have inspired me to give it a go. We'd love to have you link up over at Anya, Oddies, and Others! We are a stampers blog that is about sharing and inspiring. Check us out!
    http://anyaoddiesandothers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete