Sunday, February 8, 2015

Snow Love


Today's card features a super sweet snowman stamp from C.C. Designs called Snow Love, from their Meoples line. Since Valentine's Day is only a week away and everything still looks completely covered with snow, I thought this stamp would be very fitting for a love card.

I started by stamping out the two cut snowmen with black ink, then colored them in with Copics. I kept he coloring super simple. I then colored in the backgrounds - soft blues for the snow and random circles for the backgrounds itself. The random circles are a great way to add color to the background while still keeping it interesting.

I die-cut the scene with a stitched journaling card die. While I had my Bigshot out, I also die-cut a darker pink "love" sentiment, as well as a scalloped rectangle of patterned paper. The patterned paper I used is Love Notes, from Crate Paper.

I made a standard A2 card base (4¼ by 5½") from light pink cardstock. Then I put the card together, adhering the different elements. I used foam tape for the center panel, and Tombow Mono-multi glue at just the top of the sentiment.

As a last touch, I added a heart paperclip to the corner of the snowman panel and a few enamel dots in the opposite corner of the card.

Supplies:
C.C. Designs - Snow Love stamp
Lawn Fawn - Stitched Journaling Card die
My Favorite Things - Hybrid Inkpad in Black Licorice
Mama Elephant - Femme Frames die
Papertrey Ink - Wet Paint Cuts
Pink Cardstock
Crate Paper - Love Notes 6x6
3M Double-Sided foam tape
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue
Enamel Dots
Heart Clip
Copics (B00, B41, B45, B02, B05, B18, G14, G67, G29, Y38, YR15, YR04, E23, E59, R05, R81, R95, RV42, R11)

No comments:

Post a Comment