Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Stamp Trio Challenge: Lotus Thanks

Waffle Flower - Lotus stamp

I've been enjoying my trio series so much that I decided to give it another try- this time, using one stamp on 3 different cards. The stamp I chose to use has been in my stash since 2015. I absolutely fell in love with the design, but - as it goes with flower stamps - I felt kind of intimidated to use it.

As I've been working to step outside my comfort zone, I jumped straight in and stamped several of the lotus images to color with my Copics. I chose softer, less saturated palettes and took some time to add extra depth and shading.

For the first card, I blended a water background using some blue dye ink. I thought it contrasted great with the soft flowers, but still gave me a chance to stamp a greeting in soft gray. I kept the embellishments to a minimum, adding just a few clear droplets. I think it turned out wonderful.

Thanks for reading.
~Elle~


No comments:

Post a Comment