Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Love Day

Happy Valentine's day, everyone!

I'm addicted to this stamp set by Lawn Fawn. The elephants are just so adorable, and I love how easily they can interact with each other. The sentiment is also something I say all the time, so it feels very personal and meaningful.

I'm also trying something a little new with pictures - a little bit more natural and better lighting and a background. I think it helps the card pop more than just having a sea of stark white. I'm going to keep experimenting and figure out a good way to take pictures. My camera is not a fancy one, so maybe a few other tips will help the cards pop up a little better.

Since it's got a lovely craft color on there, I'm entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. :)

Supplies:
Base - Bazzill Cotton Candy Heavyweight Cardstock
Pattern paper - Doodlebug Sweetheart 6x6
Stamps - Lawn Fawn Tons of Love, Lawn Fawn Science of Love
Dies - Simon Says Stamp Folded Banner Craft Die, Sizzix Scalloped Circles Die, Paper Smooches Borders I die, Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling Card Die, Lawn Fawn Love You Tons coordinating die, Lawn Fawn Science of Love coordinating Die
Ink - Colorbox Fluid Chalk in Chestnut Roan, Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black and Viridian
Watercolor Pencils
Aqua Brush
White Gel Pen
Best Creation Foam Squares

2 comments:

  1. Ooh isn't that set adorable! I went to get it the other day but it was out of stock (probably a good thing for me!!). I love how you've used the kraft with the chevron - looks 3D. Your photographing of the card is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really do love that set. The elephants are just incredibly adorable. I've been using it and coloring it a ton lately.

      I think it's one of those sets that's really good to have - and the price is very cheap, too.

      Delete