Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hello Sunshine - March 2014 Card Kit

I was so, so excited to get the March Card kit from Simon Says Stamp! I received it yesterday, and I had to make a card with it straight away! Not only is the stamp set a gorgeous and happy-themed with sunshine, rainbows and color, but it includes papers from Lawn Fawn's Hello Sunshine paper pack. That paper is on my must-have list. The kit also comes with a rainbow stencil, sequins and a spool of single cord twine.

Now onto the card...

As soon as I saw the stamp set, I knew I wanted to play around with colors and shapes. The kit comes with several pieces of cardstock. I made the base from Bazzill's Candy Hearts and used Lawn Fawn stitched journaling card die on a piece of Bazzill's Taffy cardstock to create the gray panel. For some visual interest, I made a peek window on the left side using the arrow/chevron die from the same set.

For stamping the happy sun stamp, I used Mama Elephant's Orangeade ink (rays) and Memento Luxe Dandelion (face). For the sentiment, I used Memento Luxe Bahama Blue ink. It turned out to be a great match to the blue paper from Lawn Fawn.

Supplies:
- Simon Says Stamp March 2014 Card Kit
- Stamp: Lawn Fawn Tons of Love (heart)
- Ink: Mama Elephant Orangeade, Memento Luxe Dandelion, Memento Luxe Bahama Blue, Memento Luxe Rose Bud (heart)
- Dies: Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling Card, Sizzix Circles Die set
- Adhesive: Ranger Glossy Accents (sequins), Best Creation Foam Squares

2 comments:

  1. This is the first SSS Card Kit which has appealed to me. LOVE the colours and stamps. Aren't they gorgeous! Your card is so great. I don't know where to start with what I love most about your card. The chevrons down the side really finish it off. Love the "hello" along the top of the centre panel. The happy sun looks fantastic on the circles. Just a great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Kylie!

      So far, every kit I've gotten has been better than the last. This one has got to be my favorite, though. It's an amazing stamp set and the colors are so bright and happy.

      Delete