Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Space Hello


A lot of my family and friends live a few thousand miles away, and it often feels like they're living on a whole 'nother planet. That single random thought was an inspiration for this card.

I pulled out a couple of Paper Smooches stamps: Space Cadets and Bitty Bungallows.  The sentiment is from Chit Chat. The most fun part of creating this card was, of course, the coloring. I used my watercolor pencils and added a few highlights with a white gel pen.

I'm entering this in the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge: Anything goes.




Supplies:
Base - Bazzill Marshmallow
Paper - We-R-Memory Keepers Notable (planets), Studio Calico Thataway 6x6 (background)
Stamps - Paper Smooches Space Cadet, Paper Smooches Bitty Bungalows, Paper Smooches Chit Chat (sentiment)
Ink - Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Watercolor pencils
Water brush

3 comments:

  1. It really must seem like your family and friends are another world away at times. I think your card demonstrates that feeling perfectly. I love your watercolouring, Elle! Gorgeous! I love your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support! *hugs*

      I love your creativity, too. It's so wonderfully inspiring. :)

      Delete
  2. Your card is so clever, and I can also relate to feeling like family is another world away! :) Love your coloring and I am so glad that you shared this card with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete