Thursday, February 20, 2014

Spring Hello

We were snowed in today, with intermittent power and very unreliable internet. So, I decided to get creative and make a card that's bright and spring-like.

I stamped the adorable Josie & Jilly's Chat and colored them with Copics. That's right! I got a fabulous set of Copics from my amazing husband for my birthday. My birthday is still 12 days away, but I couldn't resist trying out coloring. I'm not a pro (by far!) and I've still got to figure out which color combinations work the best. But it's a lot of fun to color and mess around.

One of the things I was bummed about is that my go-to black ink smears terribly with copics (Ranger Archival ink in Jet Black just does not get along well with copics). I have an almost dried-out Memento ink pad that I've managed to get an ok with, but I have to order another ink pad and some re-inker.

Supplies:
Base: Bazzill Java Orange Peel Paper
Stamp: C.C. Designs Josie and Jilly's Chat, JilliBean Soup Word Bubbles (sentiment)
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Memento Luxe Rose Bud (sentiment)
Patterned Paper: Pink Paisley Watercolor 6x6 pad
Copics
Buttons

2 comments:

  1. I don't know where to start first! lol What a darling hubby you have. A set of copics is a great gift! You may not be an expert (and I would debate that with you! lol) but you are definitely talented in colouring with them. Your card is so fantastic. Love the bright happy colours. The light and shadows are fantastic. The hair of both girls, to highlight just one area, is AmaZing! Oh and the darling dresses - gorgeous! Wonderful card, Elle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, got totally slammed at work and didn't even realize I had a comment from you until now.

      Thank you so much! I am slowly getting the hang of blending and using the right ink and color combinations. It's incredible how frustrating the coloring can get when little things like wrong ink or weird color combinations pop up. I'm watching as many instructional videos as I can. I'll get the hang of it soon, I know it! :)

      Delete