Saturday, April 18, 2015

Hello Mae



Today's card features Some Odd Girl's Flirty Mae stamp set and a cute die from WPlus9 - Hey Hi Hello die. I tried to go for a slightly layered look and use some sequins and die-cut stars I found in my stash as a decoration.

One of the things I really love about this stamp is how much personality is conveyed in just a simple pose. You can easily make Mae look shy with a bit of blush or you could make her look flirty and coy with a bit more make-up. She almost has a story written about her, and that's something I find incredibly inspiring in stamps.

I went with a fun and airy sort of look for the rest of the card, giving it a more playful look. The patterned paper I used was from my scraps stash - great use of those materials that I might otherwise overlook.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking how versatile the stamp was and then I read your comment! Love how you could colour her differently depending on the occasion. Speaking of colouring - beautiful as normal. Totally loving the designer paper you used too - very pretty! Super cute card, Elle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kylie! I do love when stamps have a fun design that puts them in more than one situation. It's pretty awesome. :D

      Delete