Tuesday, April 14, 2015

OHC 77 - Crystal



 Today's card is another entry in my One Hundred Cards challenge (you can read about the challenge here). When I pulled out the theme "crystal", I admit to feeling a little stumped about what I was going to create. Do I go with something sparkly? See-through? Glass-like? In the end, I decided to go with a more literal interpretation and include a patterned paper that features crystals or gems.

First, I really have to apologize for the image. It's a very simple card, but it was very difficult to photograph! The gold foil on the patterned paper and gold embossing on the sentiment are very, very bright, and it's tough to get a contrast that makes the colors stay true while still keeping things visible...

I die-cut the patterned paper into a rectangle, then used a ruler and my craft knife to cut a shape out of the middle. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp's Sparkle and Shine stamp set, which I received as a part of a card kit. I love the scripty font, and I thought it went perfectly with the card. I embossed it, colored in the card and adhered the paper on foam tape.

Then I added 3 enamel dots, and this card was complete.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that is a great card! Love how you interpreted the word too. I'd have been tempted to go for "bling" but that is almost an easy way out. That's a really lovely sentiment too. Pretty card! Can only imagine how gorgeous it is in real life because it looks fantastic in this photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kylie! It's very very bright and sparkly - which makes it fun. I'm usually adding much sparkly or glowy bits, so it's very different from my usual style. But I do like it. Sometimes a dramatic card is fun. :D

      Delete