Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Lawn Fawn - Relax

Tomorrow is the very last day of school for my daughter, and I wanted to make a quick summer card for her teacher.

I started with Lawn Fawn's Life is Good stamp set. This is a brand new set and it's full of completely adorable images that have to do with the beach. It seemed like the perfect theme for the summer vacation card. I also wanted to create a smaller card, so I chose the Sunflower notecard- which measures 3 1/2 by 4 7/8.

First, I cut a center panel to measure 3 1/4 by 4 5/8. I created a simple scene with two palm trees, a hammock and some sand. I knew I wanted to distress the background, so I stamped a second set of palm trees and hammock on a separate piece of card stock. I used Copics to quickly color them in.

For the background, I used distress inkpads and the blending tool to add color and depth. After masking off the sky, I used Wild Honey distress inkpad and my blending tool to add a golden color to the sand at the bottom of the panel. Then, I masked the sand and got to work on the sky.

I knew I wanted to do a sunset-like sky, so I started with lightly adding some yellow and I softened it with pink. I then moved to blue, and lastly to purple.

After adhering the palm trees and the hammock with foam dots, I stamped a simple "relax" sentiment in black ink. Since the distress colors and Copics were pretty bright already, I decided not to add any other embellishments.

Supplies:
Stamp: Lawn Fawn Life Is Good
Ink: MFT Hybrid Ink in Black Licorice
Base: Lawn Fawn Sunflower notecard
Distress Ink: Ranger Distress Ink in Wild Honey, Spun Sugar, Broken China, Peacock Feathers, and Dusty Concord
Copics: E23, E37, YG00, YG07, G46, R81, R95, V17
Scrapbook Adhesives foam squares

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card--your coloring (both with Copics and Distress ink) is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, judy! Coloring is incredibly relaxing and fun. I'm always happy to do more. :D

      Delete