Thursday, May 1, 2014

SSS- May 2014 Card Kit - Date?

This month's kit from Simon Says Stamp is all about boys. It's got a fantastic stamp set, as well as a stencil, the new Ranger mini-blending tool and some distress ink.

Right after I got the set, I just had to make a quick and easy card to illustrate an idea that's been bouncing in my brain since the card kit reveal. Gaming night = awesome date night, so I wanted to make a cute card that asks the recipient for a date.

I started by cutting out a panel from the striped paper in the kit, and another panel out of white cardstock. I used the blending tool and the ink from the kit on the edges of the white paper. Then, I took out the stencil and smooshed some Hero Arts Tide Pool ink to create stars that are the same tone as the distress ink.

I stamped the controller twice in MFT's Hybrid ink, then colored them in with my copics. I carefully cut them out and attached them to the white panel with foam squares. I then drew in the loopy wire heart with a black marker.

For the sentiment, I chose to go with a custom sentiment - using Lawn Fawn's Milo's ABCs stamp set.

I adhered the striped paper at an angle, then added the white panel with foam squares. As a last touch, I added a hand-drawn white border around the card.

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp Card Kit May 2014
Lawn Fawn's Milo's ABCs
Copics (W2, W4, W6 W8, G21, R22, R46, BV04)
Memento Tuxedo Black marker 
MFT Hybrid Ink in Black Licorice
Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Tide Pool
Uniball Signo White Gel Pen
Scrapbook Adhesives Foam Squares

2 comments:

  1. I've never purchased the SSS Card Kits but each month when I see what you are doing with them I begin to reconsider that decision. Such a clever idea and a cute card to match!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only been doing it for a short while (since November, I think?), but it's definitely been worth it so far! Sometimes the content is things that I wouldn't necessarily think about getting myself. But having and using it really opens me up to new products and companies. Plus, it's nice to have something that's picked out because it matches. So, I know if I pull out that kit, I can quickly make a card that will just work. It's fantastic for those occasions when I just don't have a whole lot of free time to craft.

      Delete