Friday, May 2, 2014

Mama Elephant - Hello

After making so many masculine cards, I wanted to do something sweet and pretty. So, I pulled out my Mama Elephant Up And Away stamp, as well as the brand new Mama Elephant "Hello" die.

I started by die-cutting the hello sentiment twice: once in black, and once in teal. I knew I wanted to make it look like the bunny is really floating, so I also die-cut some clouds out of white cardstock and thick vellum. I prepared the background by cutting a 3.75x5 rectangle from patterned paper.

After stamping and coloring in the balloons tops and the bunny, I cut them out carefully. I stamped the balloons again on the panel and adhered the colored tops with foam squares. I positioned and adhered the bunny, then drew in the curly balloon ends with a pen.

I added in the clouds, offsetting them a little so they looked more layered. I used the same off-set technique to adhere the sentiment. I started with the black, then I glued in the teal on top, slightly to the upper right, so the black barely peeks through. This gave the sentiment a lot more dimension.

As a last touch, I added some sequins.

Supplies:
Stamp: Mama Elephant Up and Away
Dies: Mama Elephant Scripted Hello Die, Lawn Fawn Blue Skies (clouds)
Base: Bazzill Marshmallow
Paper: American Crafts Dear Lizzy Polkadot Party 6x6
Copics: Balloons (R20, R81, R85, V12, V04, V06, B00, BG01, BG07), Bunny (B00, R20, R22, R35)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Bazzill Vellum 40lb, Simon Says Stamp 100#lb cardstock in Audrey Blue, Bazzill Black Licorice
Avery Elle sequins in Carribean Blend

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! Love the balloons!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Arlene! The balloons are my favorite part too. Their color combination is quickly becoming my favorite. :)

      Delete
  2. Elle, you've done it again! This card just jumps off the page! The balloons are simply spectacular and look so realistic. The little bunny is so darling. And your card has made me kick myself as I just placed a tiny order with Mama Elephant and decided not to get the 'hello' die. Wish I had now!! Just love this so much, Elle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much, Kylie! *hugs*

      I really love the hello die. I've got a couple of different smaller hello dies now, but ME scripty one is adorable and just so loopy. It's so delicate! Definitely worth having, though.

      I can't wait to see what awesome things you're going to make with your ME supplies. I really love pretty much most everything they've come up with so far. :D

      Delete
  3. Love that you've diecut the clouds and sentiment twice, it gives it a real nice extra dimension!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lucinde! I really love dimension in cards, but sometimes it makes them tough to send via mail. So, I wanted to experiment with a few other ways to bring dimension without making it too bulky.

      I'm so glad you liked it! Thanks so very much for leaving a comment. :)

      Delete
  4. You make the CUTEST cards! (Sqw you on Lawn Fawn's FB-page and followed a link here. And WOW!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment, Zarah! And thank you for checking out my blog.

      Cute cards are such a joy to make, and definitely something I keep steering toward. I'm so lucky that there are quite a few companies now that have sweet and adorable stamps. It makes it so much easier to create something pretty. :D

      Delete
  5. Stunning colouring, particularly on the balloons! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much!! I'm really glad you like the card. The balloons were a lot of fun to color. :)

      Delete