Sunday, May 25, 2014

PS- Congrats

This week is another designer drafts sketch challenge on SPARKS, and the sketch inspired me to make a graduation card. I've only ever made one graduation card and it was very feminine and specific for the recipient. So, I wanted to challenge myself to make a more general card.



I started with picking out a fun star patterned paper from Fancy Pants Memories Captured. I die-cut it with Paper Smooches Borders I die. I also die-cut a circle from plain white cardstock. While I had my Bigshot out, I also die-cut congratulations from Paper Smooches Congratulations die.

For the background, I cut a piece of light-gray cardstock to 4x5.25 and adhered it to my card base. I adhered the white circle, then layered the star panel over it. I cut a strip of stripped yellow paper and adhered it to the star panel.

I cut apart the Congratulations letters and shortened it to say "Congrats". I glued it to the circle with a glue pen. As a last touch, I stamped a few solid stars.

Voila! Simple grad card is done.




Supplies:
Base: Simon Says Stamp White Woodgrain card stock
Paper: Bazzill Taffy card stock (panel), Fancy Pants Memories Captured 6x6, Lawn Fawn Let's Polka 6x6
Dies: Paper Smooches Borders I, Paper Smooches Congratulations, Sizzix Circles
Stamp: Paper Smooches Space Cadet
Ink: MFT Hybrid Ink in black licorice
Tombow Mono Glue Pen

2 comments:

  1. Love this fun and bold card and how brilliant of you to trim the die cut word to fit your card! I am going to have to remember that! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Katie! Designer challenges are such a great way to stretch my creative muscles. :D

      Delete