Sunday, May 11, 2014

PS- Thanks Teacher

As the school year is slowly coming to a close, I find myself with the need to make quite a few thank you cards for teachers. I'd actually bought several stamp sets throughout the year so I could have a nice variety of cards to send out, and it's time to pull them out and get creative!

For this card, I went with Paper Smooches' Smarty Pants set. I love how the professor in that set looks, so I stamped him and colored him in with my Copic markers. Then, I layered a few book stacks together and stamped an apple on top. I chose different bright colors for the books and red for the apple.

After I carefully cut the stamped pieces out, I got to work on the background. I pulled out the Simple Stories Smarty Pants 6x6 paper pad and took out a few of the fun patterns. First, I adhered a piece of green paper to the base. Then I created the center panel by adhering the white lined paper to the orange at an angle, and cut off the excess.

I adhered the professor and the book stacks and added a simple white rectangle at the top with the greeting. As a last touch, I added a couple of red enamel dots. And voila! Simple teacher card. :)

Paper Smooches is currently holding a guest designer search, so I'll be entering this card. I don't think I can really compare to the amazing talent that's out there, but it'll be nice to get a tiny bit more exposure and maybe meet another crafty friend or two. :)

Supplies:
Stamp: Paper Smooches Smarty Pants
Ink: MFT Hybrid Ink in Licorice Black
Base: Neenah Desert Storm 80lbs
Paper: Simple Stories Smarty Pants 6x6
Copics: Professor (E00, E11, E13, E15, B000, W2, B91, B95, G21, E15, E18), Books (Y15, G21, BG01, YR15, B05, R55, YG67, R29, E35, W2), Apple (R08, R46, R89, G67)

2 comments:

  1. Very cute card...this set is calling my name.its good you tried out for the guest designer...you never know. Just found your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment, Mary-Anne! Smarty Pants is a really great set, and I hear that they're releasing the dies for it in just a few days, so it's got even more value.

      I'm so glad I tried for the guest designer. I didn't win a spot, but I did get a chance to make a few new friends - which is just as good, if not better!

      Thank you so very much for checking out my blog. :)

      Delete