Thursday, May 29, 2014

SSS - Love is Everything

Last week, I got my June Simon Says Stamp card kit, but between work and errands, I didn't really get a chance to play with it much.

This month's kit is themed around flowers and love. The stamp set has adorable modern scribbly flowers, as well as leaves, a wreath and a few curly bits you can use for extra decoration. The sentiments are a mix of Kristina Werner's script hand-writing and tiny typed text. The kit also comes with some wood veneer embellishments, washi tape and enamel dots.

For my card, I wanted to go really simple and use as few non-kit products as possible.

I started by cutting a piece of cardstock from the kit in half, and then scoring it in the middle to create my base. I then cut a piece of flowery patterned paper from the kit to 4x5 1/4 inches and adhered it to the base.

I cut a  strip of polka dot patternet paper and trimmed it to create a banner shape. I adhered it to the left corner of the card. Next, I added a piece of washy tape to the bottom of the panel.

I punched a piece of vanilla card-stock with my EK Success paper punch and stamped a sentiment from the kit stamp set. Using my foam blending tool, I lightly brushed the edges of the sentiment panel with tea dye distress ink. This made the panel pop better against the background, and it tied in the washi tape a bit more.

I decided to put a flower in the upper left corner of the card. I used Hemptique natural hemp cord twine to create some loops, then adhered the wood veneer from the card kit.

As a last touch, I added a medium-sized enamel dot from the kit to the front of the flower and a couple small enamel dots to the washi tape.

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp June 2014 card kit You Are My Favorite
MFT Hybrid Ink in black licorice
Bazzill Vanilla Canvas Card Stock
EK Success Real Estate Sign Paper Punch
Ranger Distress Inkpad in Tea Dye
Ranger Foam Blending Tool
Hemptique Natural hemp cord twine
Scrapbook Adhesives Foam Squares

No comments:

Post a Comment