Sunday, May 18, 2014

PS- Kitchen Thanks

One of the things I remember most vividly about my childhood kitchen is that my mom had a teapot that was bright red with white polka dots. She would use it to warm up milk for hot cocoa or boil water for Chamomile tea we had every Sunday for breakfast. We lost that red teapot in one of our many moves, but it still remains one of those iconic images of my childhood.

I fell in love with Paper Smooches' Kitschy Kitchen stamp set as soon as it was announced. There are many adorable pieces to the set and I just had to have it. And the free TAM stamp Recipe for Success that came with my order was a perfect companion.

For this card, I kept things really simple. I didn't want any embellishments or complicated techniques, so I focused on keeping the card clean and clear.

I started by grabbing a piece of patterned paper from Carta Bella's Homemade With Love paper pack. This paper pack has the retro kitchen feel and it fits amazingly with the Kitschy Kitchen stamp set. I cut the paper to 4x5.25 and adhered it to the base. I die-cut a piece of white cardstock and added it to the middle of the card.

I stamped a few of the kitchen elements and colored them in using my Copics. I layered them onto the two opposite edges of the sentiment panel.

Lastly, I stamped the sentiment in the middle.

Since the theme for this week's SPARKS challenge is anything goes, I'm entering this card into the challenge.


Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches Kitschy Kitchen, Paper Smooches Recipe for Success (sentiment)
Ink: MFT Hybrid Ink in Black Licorice
Base: MFT Primitive Cream Card Stock
Paper: Carta Bella Homemade With Love, Bazzill Marshmallow (sentiment panel)
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies Labels 18
Copics: Teapot (R08, R46, R59), Bowl (R46, R59, G67, B000, B91), Toaster (W2, W4, W6), Rolling Pin (E11, E23, E35)
Scrapbook Adhesives Foam Squares

2 comments: